boot.iso fails with invalid compressed format

Orion Poplawski orion at cora.nwra.com
Thu Nov 13 21:51:04 UTC 2003

Trying to boot from a cdrom made with the Fedora Core 1 image boot.iso.
There doesn't seem to be an original md5sum list for those files so I
can't test that.   cmp /dev/cdrom boot.iso checks out so it appears to
be written okay.  However, when I boot, I get:

Uncompressing Linux...

invalid compress format (err=1)

-- system halted

System is a fully functional (with many working linux installs) Dell
Inspiron 4150.

Any other tests I can run on the contents, verify the format of vmlinuz
on the disc?

--
Orion Poplawski
System Administrator                   303-415-9701 x222