Promise 376 and FC1 install working ... partly

RaXeT maxer1 at xmission.com
Thu Nov 13 23:43:03 UTC 2003

I was able to follow the well thought out instructions from esban's site:
http://www.fys.ku.dk/~esban/promise376.html
I was able to get all the way through step 2. That means folks that I was
able to install FC1 on this brand new 160 Gig Sata Seagate drive and
dual boot
with XP pro.

HOWEVER, since this was a NEW drive, esban's instructions kind of drop
out for me after step 2, since step 3 entails booting from my old
system. I havean install on another drive (NON sata), but of course I
can't access the partitions
via that drive.

So that leaves me with a big ol Kernel Panic just as step 3 implys on
initial boot.

My question now is, is there some way to use Grub in finding out where
the root
filesystem is and how to implement Grub in booting the sata drive
successfully?

Thanks for any advice.

RaXeT