unable to connect (ppoe and wireless)

Earl Terwilliger earlt at unete.com.ve
Fri Nov 14 14:28:26 UTC 2003

Hello Brian,

On Friday 14 November 2003 09:56, brian connolly wrote:
> Greetings.  I am a newbie.  I am just setting up Fedora Core and cannot
> connect to the net.
>
> 1. I have dsl that requires a user-password.  When using Knoppox (with
> PPOE) through the NIC card, it sets up fine.  So I googled and found a PPOE
> fix (I think): http://www.roaringpenguin.com/products/rp-pppoe/#req .
>
> Can some please confirm that this is indeed a fix?  Can someone please (in
> plain English) tell me how to install it in Fedora Core?

It is not a 'fix' it is a software package. It comes with Fedora Core.
To see if you already have it installed, try:

rpm -qa |  grep ppp

it should tell something like:

ppp-2.4.1-15
rp-pppoe-3.5-8
kpppload-1.04-48

If it is installed (ie you need both ppp-2.4.1-15 and rp-pppoe-3.5-8),
 just follow the instructions at:

http://www.roaringpenguin.com/products/rp-pppoe/how-to-connect.txt

to set things up. If you did not install it, you can find ppp and rp-pppoe
on the 1st Fedora Core CD.

Earl