'Symbol' font in OpenOffice.org does not work

William John Murray w.murray at rl.ac.uk
Thu Nov 13 23:02:15 UTC 2003

  Hi Mikko,
           Well, this is not my experience! I do have a lot of font
problems, with
symbol going between upper and lower case when I move a file from
one environment to another and sizes being wrong. But not what you report:
as far as I know, PDF has always been what I have in front of me.

  I just tried OO on this machine, (no MS fonts) and found only open
symbol and
standard symbol. I made a file with greek letters, ps and pdf versions.,
copied it to my
laptop, and all was fine. OOffice there HAD symbol, so I added letters
in that, made
a pdf and copied copied back to this PC.
   Now this PC DOES know about symbol (why is that???) but in all cases
the PDF
has represented what I have on screen very nicely.
    I enclose the file...does it have two Roman lines and then the 3
lines of greek, alpha
to epsilon?

 Cheers,
        Bill