mozilla stopped working

Matt Temple mht at research.dfci.harvard.edu
Sat Nov 15 15:54:22 UTC 2003

M.Hockings wrote:

> I must admit that I don't know at what stage mozilla has stopped as I
> was doing a number of things with this one machine yesterday.  However
> now when I click on the mozilla startup icon at the bottom of the screen
> it appears to begin to start but then just ends without any messages
> displayed.  Is there a way to determine why mozilla is not starting,
> then I might have a hope about fixing it.
>
> Mike
>

> --

I had something similar happen because of an incorrect link
in the /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins directory.   Incorrect link was
to the java/sdk.   Similar phenomenon -- Mozilla would appear to
start then disappear.   The correct links are in some of the Mozilla
release notes.

						mht

Matthew Temple                Tel:    617/632-2597
Director, Research Computing  Fax:    617/632-4012
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute  mht at research.dfci.harvard.edu
44 Binney Street,  JF 314     http://research.dfci.harvard.edu
Boston, MA 02115              Choice is the Choice!