Instalation

David Both david at both.org
Sat Nov 15 17:33:25 UTC 2003

I am trying to figure this out myself.

I tried upgrading a test box with Red Hat 9 to Fedora Core 1. This
attempt aborted with an anaconda error indicating that I was out of disk
space. Not likely on a 120GB hard drive with very large partitions, but
I decided to do a fresh (everything) install and created VERY LARGE
partitions for all file systems. Again I got the same error message that
I did not have enough disk space. And when I say LARGE partitions I mean
/boot was 512MB, and all other partitions were 2BG to 6GB depending.
/usr was 6GB and / was 2GB.

I am now trying the installation using the auto partition option and
that seems to be proceeding well beyond the point at which I got the
error the last two attempts.

The bottom line here is that I have either not had enough space in one
of the partitions or there is a bug in the installer. After the install
completes, I will du and determine the minimum size that each partition
should be for an everything install. I will then try an install and
partition the drive myself to see if I still get the error.

I will let you know how this turns out.