Recompilation of SRPMS.

Konrad Kosmowski K.Kosmowski at wsisiz.edu.pl
Sat Nov 15 17:55:36 UTC 2003

Does it make sense to recompile some packages for diffrent architecture?
I'am running a Duron processor and I see Fedoras packages are compiled
for i386 so I've grabbed some SRPMS and started recompiling it with
--target=athlon. I've begun with XFree86 compiled it for athlon and
installed it. I think every X app is now a little zippier but that may
be placebo effect ;-). So does it make sense to recompile everything
else? I don't mean small apps that I use rarely, rather big ones that i
use often (fe. Mozilla, OpenOffice) - will the recompilation for athlon
increase speed?

--