Mozilla / Thunderbird problem

Rob Park rbpark at ualberta.ca
Sat Nov 15 17:57:08 UTC 2003

Hal Burgiss wrote:
>>running, so it causes problems. Ideally, it would start the profile
>>manager, but something is broken here, so it's not even giving you that.
>>Unfortunately, I don't know any more about it than that.
>
> Yes, its probably a TB bug of some kind. The profile manager allows
> multiple instances of Mozilla. I've run 3 different versions
> simultaneously via profiles.

What I meant to say was that Mozilla can't have two or more running
instances using the same profile (separate profiles drive me nuts...
yes, lets just duplicate all of my configuration info, so that when I
feel like changing a setting, I have to do it 2+ times...).

Of course, there are tricks you can do to make it *look* like there are
multiple instances of mozilla running with the same profile (basically,
a script that checks if mozilla is already running; if not, launch
mozilla, if so, tell the running mozilla to simply open a new window).
That's what I do, because I never want to see the profile manager :)