allications:/// and applnk-redhat

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at web.de
Sun Nov 16 16:40:47 UTC 2003

Well, at least one question I can answer myself.

Am Do, den 13.11.2003 schrieb Christoph Wickert um 19:41:

> When there is an equivalent for the gnome program, it should be
> replaced. Kopete instead of Gaim in KDE, Kmix instead of gmix and so on,

there's a parameter "OnlyShowIn=KDE;" or "OnlyShowIn=GNOME;" right at
the bottom of the .desktop files in /usr/share/application. So I have
managed to replace:

GNOME:               |    KDE:
---------------------+--------------------------------------------------
gnome volume-control |    kmix (was not shown at all)
gnome-sound-recorder |    krec (can anybody tell me, why krec is in
                     |    "System" but not in "Sound&Video" be default?
gnome-cd             |    kscd
gaim                 |    kopete

and some others. This is the way it should bee I think, at least for the
apps already included in fedora core.

> the other should appear as an alternative in "more Applications".
> Any ideas?

The way I did it, the alternative is hidden, it's not easy to get it in
"More Applications". I think I'll have to edit the
/etc/X11/desktop-menus/applications.menu or make 2 different versions,
one for Gnome and one for KDE.

Any ideas?

Christoph