Fedora Directory Management Question

Gordon Messmer yinyang at eburg.com
Sun Nov 16 22:19:33 UTC 2003

Christopher K. Johnson wrote:
> Assuming the mount of /dev/md? as /raid/folder entry in fstab ends in "1
> 2" the above would look like:
> /raid/folder    /folder    auto    bind    1 3
>
> So it gets mounted *after* the raid device is mounted.

I don't remember if filesystems are mounted in the order listed in
fstab, or sorted to produce proper order, but both of the fields at the
end should be zero for a bind mount.  You never dump a directory, and
you never fsck it either:

/raid/folder    /folder    auto    bind    0 0

Listed last in fstab, it should still be mounted in the proper order.