apt yum up2date

Elliott Wilcoxon elliott at wilcoxon.org
Mon Nov 17 00:12:10 UTC 2003

Err, not much unfortunately.  I think the command under apt that you're
looking for is 'apt-get update'.  Replace dist-upgrade with update, and
it'll keep your local list of what's on the repo up to date.  For more info:
man apt-get
man mail

Also, the | takes the output of the stuff before it and sends it to
what's after the | as STDIN.

Elliott Wilcoxon