Musical Yum Repositories??

Jason monty19 at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 17 00:36:44 UTC 2003

I could not check for updates from:
yum fedora-core-1 http://fedora.redhat.com/releases/fedora-core-1
yum updates-released http://fedora.redhat.com/updates/released/fedora-core-1

I was receiving an error 404: page not found for headers/header.info; I was
able to browse to fedora.redhat.com, but not to the directories above.  So I
changed the entries to these (I think that they are 'the same', maybe
mirrors; correct my ignorance if not)...

yum fedora-core-1
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/1/i386/os
yum updates-released
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/1/i386/

...and it worked alright and I was able to download some updates for glibc
and so on.  Have the former repositories been permanently [re]moved, or are
they down because of maintenance/support?

Thank you,
Jason