yum up2date

steven rosen s3r6l at adelphia.net
Mon Nov 17 01:22:50 UTC 2003

As you will see I'm new to this having recently installed RH9 and
planning to migrate to Fedora. I use the Up to Date icon which came with
the original install. Now that RH9 is to be abandoned, I want to know
how to get Yum installed so I can get automatic updates w/ all dependant
files. Is there a tutorial or basic instructions in general terms
showing what files or rpms I need to get for Yum and how to install them
so that I click an icon and get everything updated.

I've checked Google, this mailing list and the Red Hat usenet group but
everything assumes that Yum is installed and running. There is no man
page for Yum.