Graphic display window interaction/corruption

Mike Klinke lsomike at futzin.com
Mon Nov 17 03:36:49 UTC 2003

Has anyone else noticed an interaction between display windows?  If I
have only a kmail window open and look at the toolbar/pull-down menu
area at the top of the screen it looks clean and clear as it should.

However,  if I start up mozilla, it seems there's an interaction of the
graphics windows and all of a sudden the top of the kmail window has a
bunch of vertical streaks in the toolbar/pull-down menu and a couple of
other areas.

If I close down mozilla, minimize kmail, and then expand kmail again the
vertical streaks go away until I start mozilla again.  This will become
more or less objectionable depending on color scheme of the web site
you're viewing with mozilla.

I don't know whether to attribute this bug to mozilla, kde, X, or ? and
a quick search of bugzilla didn't bring up anything on the search terms
I used.  This seems to happen between a console window and mozilla too,
i.e. it's not specific to kmail but does seem specific to mozilla.

This isn't only on Fedora either.  I've noticed it as far back as RH7.3
but it's finally bugged me to the point of asking.

Any ideas?

Regards,  Mike Klinke