Package Management: Error installing packages!

Jim Cornette redhat-jc at insight.rr.com
Mon Nov 17 04:21:30 UTC 2003

A.J. Bonnema wrote:
> shrek-m at gmx.de wrote:
>

>> # rpm -Fvh
>> http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/testing/1/i386/redhat-config-packages-1.2.7-1.noarch.rpm
>>

> How come this one isn't in the regular update directory yet? Does it
> still have issues?
>
> Guus.

I have wondered how the program ended up in test, instead of updates,
myself. The first rpm was faulty, but passed QA. The second version
works, but is not QAed, therefore, not in updates.

I understand it from a managerial aspect and from a quality standpoint.
However, QA processing for this feature improvement should be more
streamlined.

Since this program runs as root user and could possibly trash your
system. I can understand the testing location from a practical
standpoint, after typing this response.

 From those that have installed programs with the updated version, is
everything still normal with your systems?

Jim

--
Live in a world of your own, but always welcome visitors.