login screen

Nix, Robert P. Nix.Robert at mayo.edu
Mon Nov 17 14:35:03 UTC 2003

Actually, you don't need to untar the files; there's an installer in gdmsetup that will take care of installing the files for you.

A simple way to do your own GDM theme is to find one in art.gnome.org that you like the setup or style of, download and untar it in your own directory and look at the files. You can then edit the xml file that describes the layout to use your graphics, rename things, retar and install.

I've got one that I did using my own photography, that, if you'd like, I could send to you...

----
Robert P. Nix                            internet: nix.robert at mayo.edu
Mayo Clinic                                  phone: 507-284-0844
RO-CE-8-857                                page: 507-270-1182
200 First St. SW
Rochester, MN 55905
----   "Codito, Ergo Sum"
"In theory, theory and practice are the same,
 but in practice, theory and practice are different."