OT: reply to posts with "no mail" option set

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Mon Nov 17 16:49:38 UTC 2003

At 11:11 11/17/2003, you wrote:
>Of course. I first just need to get my Linux skills up to par, then talk
>my sysadmin into letting me intercept the incoming mail on the corporate
>server ports, then learning how to grab it with fetchmail, and lastly
>explain to my boss why I need to replace my 10 Gb HD with a larger one.

You don't need a larger hard drive, but you do need a box running Fedora. I
suggest you find an old P/100 with 64MB of RAM (or you can even install
with 64MB and then reduce it down to 32MB), a 2GB disk, and a network card.
Put it under your desk, install Fedora in text mode only, and ssh to it.
Voilà! Personal server on which to learn Fedora.

You  do not need to intercept a darn thing. fetchmail will _check your
Notes mail_ via POP just as though you'd done it from your Winders
computer, no changes required. Then you just check your mail from your
Winders computer using your personal Fedora server as incoming mail server.
Outgoing mail has no need to change.

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz
rpaiz at simpaticus.com