sendmail masquerading

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Mon Nov 17 17:19:41 UTC 2003

Am Mo, den 17.11.2003 schrieb Aaron Konstam um 17:44:
> We have 40 clients served by ab NIS server. We could like mail sent
> from the clients to show the return address of the server. That has
> always been done with the DM macro of the sendmail.cf file.
> I changed an uncommented the masquerade line in the sendmail.mc file:
> MASQUERADE_AS(`cs.trinity.edu')dnl
>
> What seemed to be the correct DM macro line was inserted in the
> sendmail.cf file by the make. But it does not work. The return address
> still includes the name of the machine.
>
> What have I done wrong and what can I do about it?

Hm, the sendmail.mc file which comes with fedora does contain all needed
useful lines for masquerading. By default they are commented with dnl in
front.

MASQUERADE_AS(`cs.trinity.edu')dnl
dnl #
dnl # masquerade not just the headers, but the envelope as well
dnl #
FEATURE(masquerade_envelope)dnl
dnl #
dnl # masquerade not just @mydomainalias.com, but @*.mydomainalias.com
as well
dnl #
FEATURE(masquerade_entire_domain)dnl
dnl #
MASQUERADE_DOMAIN(localhost)dnl
MASQUERADE_DOMAIN(localhost.localdomain)dnl
MASQUERADE_DOMAIN(further host.domain to be masqueraded)dnl

See http://www.sendmail.org/m4/masquerading_relaying.html

Alexander

--
Alexander Dalloz | Enger, Germany