Installation of fedora

Charles Curley charlescurley at charlescurley.com
Mon Nov 17 23:44:25 UTC 2003

On Mon, Nov 17, 2003 at 05:13:23PM -0600, Chris K Carter wrote:

> Hello
>
> I have a problem with the install of the Core Fedora OS.  The following
> steps have been successfully completed:
>
> 1.  Downloaded yarrow-i386-disc1.iso, yarrow-i386-disc2.iso,
> yarrrow-i386-disc3.iso
>
> 2. Ran the md5sum and verified each iso file.
>
> 3. Burn the iso images to a TDK 650MB cdr disk. (iso9660 filesystem)
>
> 4. Mounted the 1st cdrom disk and accessed the /images/ directory to create
> a bootdisk.
>
> 5. Rebooted the machine to boot from disk.
>
> 6. From the install prompt prompt, selected Local Cdrom as location of core
> media.
>
> 7.  Fedora Core CD was not found in any cdrom drives.  Please insert the
> Fedora Core CD and
>     press okay.
>
> The software used to burn the cd is Called "Easy CD Creator".  I have also
> burned the first iso image with
> a software called "Nero" and the same results came about.  Any help with
> this problem
> would be appreciated.

As you are booting to floppy, I conjecture this is an older machine
incapable of booting to CD-ROM. Many older machines which are fine
with pressed CDs have problems with CD-RW and even burned CD-R. You
might look at a network install instead. With three CD-ROMs, you may
find the network installation preferable to swapping CD-ROMs in and
out.

See http://www.charlescurley.com/yum.html for some ideas on how to do
it.