please recommend a video capture card

- Edwin - copperwa11s at yahoo.co.jp
Tue Nov 18 04:33:14 UTC 2003

Hello,

On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 19:07:36 -0800 (PST)
Mick Mearns <off_by_1 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hello list;
>   I am running Fedora Core 1 on an older Athlon K7
>   650/256MB Nvidia
> gforce2 mx 400 box. (very nice btw)
>
> My daughter is in the USAf stationed in Japan, she haa an
> athlon XP 3200/512 MB with ATI video and Viewsonic 15" lcd
> monitor. She runs XP pro.

...[snip]...

> What video capture card would you recommend?

If she's (already) in Japan, I'm sure she can easily get
this:

  http://www.iodata.jp/prod/multimedia/tv/2003/gv-bctv5pci/

  (Japanese language only but I'm sure the spec
   written at the bottom are quite easy to understand.)

I think it's reasonably priced and works with linux, too!

The included software works on Windows ONLY though...

Works with EPG so she can even schedule programs to
record--she can even use her cellphone to add/edit/delete
schedule. (Of course, if you know how to do it, you can do
all of these even inside linux.)

Some more cards: (some of them are half the price of the one
above)

  http://www.kuroutoshikou.com/products/select/multi.html

Just find one with Royal Philips Electronics Chip
(SAA7130/34) -- good quality and works with linux...

--

- E -