Yum is not an .rpm package error message

BFD bfd at pcisys.net
Tue Nov 18 05:57:26 UTC 2003

  Jesse Keating wrote:

>On Monday 17 November 2003 21:10, BFD wrote:
>

>>hen trying to install yum on my Fedora system this is what I get
>>
>>$ rpm -ivh yum-2.0.4-2.noarch.rpm
>>yum-2.0.4-2.noarch.rpm: not an rpm package (or package manifest):
>>
>>So how do I install yum to use it?
>>

>A) where did you download that file from,

first, from

http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/1/i386/os/Fedora/RPMS/

and when I got the error message, then from

http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/fedora/linux/core/1/i386/os/Fedora/RPMS/

and still got the error message

>and B) why don't you install the yum that is on your Fedora CDs ?

Ultimately, this is what I did, and it seems to be working.

So, while I have a working yum, my concern is what is going on with the
yum from the repositories.

BFD