make oldconfig

David C. Hart dch at TQMcube.com
Tue Nov 18 20:14:08 UTC 2003

"Q. When I try to compile the Fedora kernel I get..
   kernel/kernel.o(.text+0xfc3): In function `schedule':
   : undefined reference to `active_load_balance'
A. This is a bug caused by a limitation in the 2.4
   config system. Run make oldconfig twice to work around this.
   We are working on a better solution."

Maybe this will make life easier. WHERE in the process do I run make
oldconfig? My normal "make" routine is: clean, mrproper, clean, bzImage,
modules, modules_install, install.

                               ---------
            Quality Management - A Commitment to Excellence