Mentor/User Responsibility : Was > Re: OT: reply to posts with "no mail" option set

Edward Croft ecroft at openratings.com
Tue Nov 18 20:29:12 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-11-18 at 15:20, Peter Eddy wrote:
> Edward Croft wrote:
>

> I think you've already made your opinions clear. Next time, why not post
> a friendly followup to state them instead of attacking someone who was
> simply answering a question. A simple, "you may want to check with your
> IT department first" would have done it.
>
> Peter
Not to beat a dead horse, but I was actually following up to an
"unfriendly" response. Anyone who knows me knows that I am a very
friendly amiable person. The person I responded to had jumped back at me
when I had responded to his response to someone else. I was merely
trying to point out that some companies have security policies in place
that could get the OP fired if he did as the responder replied. I was
only trying to present another viewpoint from a security aspect. With
that, I will let this thread die.