gnome fade logout + usbkey umount

Dexter Ang thepoch at mydestiny.net
Tue Nov 18 09:20:49 UTC 2003

Ow Mun Heng <ow.mun.heng at wdc.com> said:
> [...]
Didn't
> really have any success short of umount -l /dev/cdrom (lazy unmount)
>
> What's FAM? man fam says it's "fam - file alteration monitor" but
why
> exactly is it doing  monitoring my cdrom or sda1??

hey guys. i figured out the usb key thing. what was funny was i first
added entries into /etc/fstab. after being frustrated, i removed the
entries. then plugged the usb key in again. surprise surprise, it
seems hotplug adds an entry /etc/flash into /etc/fstab. it even
creates the mount point /mnt/flash. so there. now i can mount and
umount without any problems. i have no idea if this was the main
cause of my being unable to umount. =)

dex