Fedora, Debian or Gentoo

Francisco Roldan froldan at 5b.com.gt
Tue Nov 18 22:21:19 UTC 2003

Hi everydoby,
I have been Redhat Linux fan since version 6.
When i read the news about Red Hat is not going
to release another version (i.e. Red Hat 9.1 or 10),
I felt dissapointed at first, but then I realize that
this is the only way of this company to survive.
I am evaluating moving from Red Hat 9 to other distributions,
and almost all my linux-friends advice me to choose
Debian or Gentoo (Of course, they have only used these distributions).

But if the differences between Fedora and Redhat 9 are minimal,
I would choose Fedora ...

So , I ask you , which are the major differences between Redhat 9 and Fedora
distribution Project?

And the advantages/disadvantages between Fedora vrs. Debian or Gentoo ?

Thanks in advance

regads