Fedora, Debian or Gentoo

Steve Withers swithers at mmp.org.nz
Wed Nov 19 08:44:20 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-11-19 at 21:17, WipeOut wrote:

> While I haven't tried setting up a LAMP server on anoy of the others, I
> have always found it to me a piece of cake to do in RH and I am sure
> Fedora will be no different.. What did you have to do specifically that
> you found made it a problem?
>
> Minimum install, select specific packages apache (or httpd as they call
> it now), php, php-mysql, mysql and mysql-server and you are done.. start
> apache and mysql and you are ready to rock.. :)

I wasn't so clever. I'd do a "personal" install..then tryto add things
to it.  The config files neded a lot of editing...and the result wasn't
good.

I didn't do the Server install becasue it didn't give X support....and I
wanted it.

I have not done a minimal redHat install. I should try it.

Thanks!
--
Steve Withers
swithers at mmp.org.nz