Make RPM

David C. Hart dch at TQMcube.com
Wed Nov 19 14:42:28 UTC 2003

Keith G. Robertson-Turner made this suggestion the other day - something
I was completely unaware of - and it's really a great idea. Thank you
very much.

That having been said, I have a couple of questions. This is something
that is inconsistently documented. The more I Google - the more confused
I get.

1. The process seems to make both the source and installation RPMs. Is
there any way to make an installation version only?

2. If I install the RPM it's not updating grub.conf like "make install."
How can I fix this so that the customized kernel rpm behaves like what
one gets from RH?

Thanks.

                               ---------
            Quality Management - A Commitment to Excellence