acroread skips pages

Dirk Arnold dirk at cs.dal.ca
Wed Nov 19 19:31:33 UTC 2003

  I've installed version 5 of acroread on both my desktop
and my laptop.  On the desktop, it works fine.  On the
laptop, when I switch pages in fullscreen mode using the
cursor keys, every second page is skipped.  Pages briefly
appear only to be immediately replaced by the next page.
The problem only occurs in fullscreen mode and only
when using the cursor keys;  flipping pages using mouse
clicks works fine.

  Am I the only one to have that problem?  What is at fault,
acroread or X?  I'd blame acroread, but it does work on the
desktop with the nvidia driver.  Only the laptop with the
radeon driver is trouble.

  Thanks,
    Dirk