Freshrpms.net concerns.

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at welho.com
Thu Nov 20 00:10:43 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-11-18 at 16:46, Bill Anderson wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-11-17 at 08:55, Axel Thimm wrote:

> > > Actually, I think RPM itself should provide an option to get that
> > > changelog out. If it were (perhaps just the changes from the last
> > > release) then the tools could provide that information.
> >
> > rpm provides --changelog for this, examples:
> >
> > rpm -q --changelog XFree86 | head
> > rpm -qp --changelog package.rpm | head
>
> Sweet. When did that happen, I don't remember it? :)
> Ahh who cares, it's there. Now if the update tools would incorporate
> this so you can see why you should upgrade something, that'd be sweet.

apt-listchanges can do that, but dunno if it's been packaged for Fedora
anywhere (doing that is somewhere down on my todo list actually)
Also I've a Lua-script for apt which will show you the changes *after*
upgrading, apt-listchanges shows them before committing to upgrade which
I think you're after.

	- Panu -