HP PSC 2110

James Drabb JDrabb at tampabay.rr.com
Thu Nov 20 06:37:44 UTC 2003

Hey group,

I have an HP PSC 2110 scanner/printer/copier that is supported under
Linux using hpijs and hpoj (for sannning).  It has worked perfectly
under RH9, however in FC1, I can still print fine but scanning does not
work.  Xsane just says no scanners found.  I have these three RPM's
installed:

hpoj-0.90-19
libsane-hpoj-0.90-19
hpijs-1.4-11

I noticed that hpijs1.5 is out and hpoj-0.91 is out.  I just compiled
and installed hpoj-0.91, though it stil does not work.

I have ran /etc/rc.d/init.d/hpoj setup and it finds the PSC fine and
then I make sure hpoj is started with service hpoj start.

Has anyone gotten this printer or one of the other supported HP PSC
printers to work in FC1?

Thanks,

Jim Drabb
The box said: "Requires Windows 98/2000/XP/NT, or better."
So, I installed LINUX!
James Drabb JR
Senior Programmer Analyst
Davenport, FL USA