can't update mozilla with up2date

Bryan Anderson fedora at bryananderson.co.uk
Thu Nov 20 14:14:45 UTC 2003

M.Hockings wrote:

> How can I tell if I use this galeon thing (yes, I realize that
> does sound dumb).

Doesn't sound dumb to me - but then I'm a linux newbie too! Now, I don't
tend to offer advice on things I don't know about, but thought I'd try
my luck here - someone will correct me if I'm wrong but it's a test for
me ;-)

Galeon is a browser that uses the Mozilla engine. If you've not actually
started Galeon from the main menu, then you've not used it. I haven't
got it installed at all as I unchecked it on installation.

To remove it (I would) open a terminal, 'su -' to root, tehn use the
command 'rpm -e galeon' to uninstall it.

Hope that helps - but please don't blame me if it goes wrong! Might be
better to wait for someone to confirm this......

Bryan Anderson <fedora at bryananderson.co.uk>