HP PSC 2110

david walcroft david_walcroft at yahoo.com.au
Thu Nov 20 23:18:58 UTC 2003

Santavy Peter wrote:
> Hi Jim
>

>>I have an HP PSC 2110 scanner/printer/copier that is supported under
>>Linux using hpijs and hpoj (for sannning).  It has worked perfectly
>>under RH9, however in FC1, I can still print fine but scanning does not
>>work.  Xsane just says no scanners found.  I have these three RPM's
>>installed:
>>
>>hpoj-0.90-19
>>libsane-hpoj-0.90-19
>>hpijs-1.4-11
>>
>>I noticed that hpijs1.5 is out and hpoj-0.91 is out.  I just compiled
>>and installed hpoj-0.91, though it stil does not work.
>>
>>I have ran /etc/rc.d/init.d/hpoj setup and it finds the PSC fine and
>>then I make sure hpoj is started with service hpoj start.
>>
>>Has anyone gotten this printer or one of the other supported HP PSC
>>printers to work in FC1?
>

> I use the device as scanner without any problem.
>
> Installed RPM's:
> hpoj-0.90-19
> hpijs-1.4-11
> libsane-hpoj-0.90-19
>
> When I ran sane first time, I received the same message as you...
>
> Then I have set it up by using:
>
>>su...
>>/etc/ini.d/hpoj setup
>

> and after correct discovering of this usb device and setting as default
> one, I could scan correctly.
>
> I think you did the same steps :-(
>
> Peter

My PSC2110 runs on FC1, it took awhile but reading man pages -
sane,sane-usb,sane-dll helps. You can set up via :-

"ptal-init setup" or "service hpoj setup"

  they both do the same thing.Check if 'lsmod' shows "scanner" "printer"
if none of these use 'modprobe scanner'on mine I got the "cannot find
module" and the module is in /lib/module/*/drivers/kernel/usb,"printer"
is loaded in mine and I found that "libusb" and /etc/fstab/usbdevfs is
mounted [see man sane-usb].

It takes persistence but it does work and well,my problem is flesh
colour and enlarge/reduce in photos.

Have fun   david