Graphics Problem (: more info this time :)

Michael Kearey mutk at iprimus.com.au
Fri Nov 21 05:26:12 UTC 2003

Kevin M. Clark wrote:
> I have installed Red Hat 9 and the Morphix Live CD (to the hard drive)
> with success and no problems.
> Although for the Morphix I had to pass in the screen size and module vesa.
>
> I am using  a Compaq Presario 3000 with 64 megs of shared memory (video).
> The system has a gig of memory over all.
>
> The graphics card in the system is a SIS M6540.
>
> The problem I am having is this:
> When I try the graphical installation, and after hitting the enter key,
> I see the start of the installation and then the screen goes blank.
> So I tried the text based installation hoping that once the installation
> was finished may everything would be ok.
> However, after selecting linux from the grub menu , and the normal text
> for a linux boot up goes by, the screen goes blank: no graphics, just
> blackness.
>
> I tried to find information on the website, but was unsuccessful (but I
> am not saying it isn't there, I just couldn't find it)
>
> Hope this helps though who are willing to help me.

Ok

 From the release notes:
http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/release-notes/

#

Certain hardware configurations (particularly those with LCD displays)
may experience problems while starting the Fedora Core installation
program. In these instances, restart the installation, and add the
"nofb" option to the boot command line.

See what happens with that?

Cheers,
Michael