gtkam (gphoto) canon s45

Brian Fahrlander Brian at Fahrlander.net
Fri Nov 21 08:17:41 UTC 2003

On Fri, 2003-11-21 at 00:11, dsyates wrote:
> Has anyone had any problems getting their usb digital camera working? My
> Canon S45 worked just fine under rhl 9; now gtkam detects it just fine
> but it cannot be added because error states that it could not be
> initialized

    Uh...I had a similar problem...THE WHOLE DAMNED USB SUBSYSTEM was
pranged.  It could be many things, but the consensus is a
slightly-modified kernel version of Axle's.  Webcam, CF reader, and even
mouse it dead as a doorknob.

    /var/log/message's last words on the subject: "USB subsystem
unregistered" and it even quit using the IRQ. (/proc/interrupts).

    I keep hoping for a new version to come out so I can prove/disprove
it as being the kernel.

    Could this be your situation, as well?
Brian Fahrländer                     Researcher, Conservative, and Technomad
Evansville, IN                                    http://Fahrlander.net
ICQ  5119262