Session chooser before login

Ben Steeves bcs at metacon.ca
Fri Nov 21 18:51:28 UTC 2003

On Fri, 2003-11-21 at 14:38, Peter Eddy wrote:

> Automatically making the current selection the default for the future
> seems like the kind of thing a user-friendly UI would do.

For every person who would like the session to be retained automatically
across logins, you'll find someone who would hate it.  I fall into the
latter category.  I prefer to start with a clean slate and open the apps
I want manually.

Giving the user the option in the logout window is a good approach --
another one would be to have the option (to save or not to save on
logout) in a preference pane somewhere.  While we're at it, it would be
nice if the logout confirmation dialog could be turned off altogether.

Ben Steeves                     _                    bcs at metacon.ca
 The ASCII ribbon campaign     ( )               ben.steeves at unb.ca
http://www.metacon.ca/ascii    / \     Yahoo Messenger: ben_steeves