Grub + WinXP

Peter Boy pboy at barkhof.uni-bremen.de
Fri Nov 21 19:39:07 UTC 2003

Am Fr, den 21.11.2003 schrieb David Limon Romero um 09:30:
> with xp on hda and linux on hdb, where do I install grub? hda or hdb? I have
> to swap only physically the HDs?

Given your current setup, your Win is on the second drive. Even if Lilo
works for you now, you will make your life easier, if you physically
swap your drives. If both drives use the same controller, you have to
change the jumpers from master to slave and vice versa (hope, you have
not a cable select configuration). If they use different controllers,
you have to switch the connectors, but you may check the jumpers,too,
for a conflict with your CD Rom.

After finishing the swap, you should install grub on the new first drive
(/dev/hda), which is used by the bios to boot the system.

Peter