Multiple email clients sharing one email base

Timothy Ha linuxmail at yandex.ru
Fri Nov 21 23:53:52 UTC 2003

I have a large email base with over 100,000 emails in several accounts,
compiled in several years. Recently I successfully converted the base
from The Bat (a popular email client made in Russia, for Windows) to
Mozilla Thunderbird. I am very pleased with Thunderbird.

But I also want to try living in Evolution to have a calendar and
organize my work schedule. What is the best way to share email between
Mozilla Thunderbird and Evolution without converting to and from one
client to another?

I know I can put everything to a local IMAP server and browse the base
with any client. But is there another way to share?

Where and what format does Evolution use to store its emails?

Timothy.