USB card reader

A.J. Bonnema abonnema at xs4all.nl
Mon Nov 24 00:27:23 UTC 2003

A.J. Bonnema wrote:
> [changed the subject from USB pen drive to USB card reader]
>
> Dee-Ann LeBlanc wrote:
>
>> It's probably /dev/sda1 ... Linux sees USB devices as SCSI.
>>

> Hi Dee-Ann,
>
> No, it's not sda1. And I tried a lot of other sd's, is it possible to
> issue a command that shows which device it is, some kind of scanning, so
> that I know which device to enter in the mount command?

Ok, I found out I'm wrong: it *is* sda1. In one of the log files this
was mentioned. Anyway, I formatted the disk in Windows and still get the
same result.

I strongly suspect that the filesystem is not a regular vfat and I have
no idea how to mount this filesystem or how to find out how it is
formatted.

Doing "fdisk -l /dev/sda" gives no result (it just returns).

The device is being recognized as a ND5010 Card Reader from Neodio
Technologies Corp. using lsusb and lsusb -s 003:002 -v. Furthermore the
disk is recognized correctly by cat /proc/bus/usb/devices as a USB
Storage Device.

Anyone know what's wrong?

--
A.J. Bonnema, Leiden The Netherlands,