No subject

Matthias Runge runge at web.de
Mon Nov 24 14:14:57 UTC 2003

hemachandra.jayapal at wipro.com wrote:

>  I am getting an error in Linux booting., It is not entering in to the
> GUI mode. If any No Knows plz let me know it.
>
>     -- X Server is not properly configured.
>     -- Font Path   "unix/:7100" Error
>

> Hemachandra Jayapal,
> MEMBER-Tools Group,
> WIPRO Technologies,
> 53/I Hosur Road,
> Madiwala
> Bangalore-560 068.
> Tel - 080 - 5502001
> (ext - 4062)

This is pretty obvious, because you in the other message, you posted,
was written, that your x-server is not configured properly.
Try init 3 (or change to text console) and try Xconfigurator,
xf86config or how it's called now.
If this doesn't work for you, you should post something more about
your hardware.
If you configure your X-Server correctly, your computer should enter
gui mode during boot.
That's it.
Greetings, Matthias