RedHat Professional Workstation

Alexandre Strube surak at surak.eti.br
Mon Nov 24 23:18:21 UTC 2003

Em Sáb, 2003-11-22 às 19:14, Marcus O. White escreveu:

> Yes, I realize that this is "Fedora Core" list... What is the real deal
> with RedHat Professional Workstation? So far I've only gotten
> confused... I've heard that it is the consumer retail version of the
> RHEL WS... And it is not fully supported... Then I hear that it is
> supported... Then there is the one that if you do install it then one
> cannot upgrade it to whatever follows... Almost sounds like M$ Windows
> ME... Please someone clue me in... BTW, I happened to see the boxed set
> at Best Buy for $99 and the Kernel is 2.4.21...

Seems like somewhere between red hat9, rhel and fedora.. As it's not
fully supported, and redhat network subscriptions cannot be removed,
this make me think.. For who was it made? For workstations on
enterprises which use rhel for their servers? Maybe... kinda kinky
anyway. (and, for paying $99 for no support, I prefer fedora :)

--
[]s

Alexandre Ganso
500 FOUR vermelha - Diretor Steel Goose Moto Group