fedora will not access dhcp server to get IP

Trevor Smith trevor at haligonian.com
Tue Nov 25 13:38:53 UTC 2003

On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 13:23:37 +0800, Chris Kloiber wrote:

>DSL is a technology I don't use. I have a cable modem which provides an
>ethernet connection. My instructions should still work as far as they

Agreed. Originally I had a cable modem and when I switched to adsl, I
didn't change anything. I just unplugged the network cable from the
back of my cable modem and plugged it into the back of my new adsl
modem and bang, Win2k, OS/2 and linux all worked.

But not no more...

>go, In /etc/sysconfig/fwiptables.conf, replace LAN_IFACE="eth0" and
>INET_IFACE="ppp0"

Ummm... I'm guessing a bit, since you weren't specific, but from your
original message and this one, I think you're saying to try editing
that file, changing those two lines to include some reference to the
'de4x5' driver. I seem to remember seeing a 'tulip' reference here and
there in files while I have been stumbling around blindly in config
files so I'll see if something looks logical to change.

(I'm not really clear right now since I have to reboot to even be able
to check on what I think you're saying.)

 Trevor Smith    |    trevor at haligonian.com