Fedora reliability

Doug Brott brott at redh.com
Tue Nov 25 17:15:29 UTC 2003

Genti A. Hila wrote:

>Hi list,
>
>How relaible do you think is Fedora to use in a real environment  with Bind and Sendmail packages ?????
>

>Thanks
>
>Gentian

My general assessment after a couple of weeks of use is that Fedora is
heading in the right direction.  Unfortunately, my system has locked up
twice in the past 2 weeks.  I experienced this with RH8 on occassion
(not once per week) and never with RH9.  Simply looking at it from that
perspective, I probably should have stayed at RH9.

That being said, I have no intention of going back.  Overall I am
impressed with both the speed and the stability of FC1.  I have a
dual-2.1GHz AMD Athlon w/ 3.5GB of memory.  It is likely that my
problems are related to the newer kernel and these resources.  I'm also
going to disable the prelink feature that has been added to FC1 to see
if that removes my lockup issues.  I use FC1 @ work as well and have had
zero problems.  As an ethusiast, I am much more interested in getting
FC1 working properly for me than reverting back to RH9.

--
Doug Brott
brott at redh.com