Flash License

Charles E Taylor IV tomalek at mindspring.com
Tue Nov 25 19:33:20 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-11-25 at 11:26, Rui Miguel Seabra wrote:
> You can always try the Free Software implementations :)
>
>   swfdec
>   flash

I couldn't get either one of these to completely build under Fedora.
swfdec will build the player (compile bombs out on the plugin), but it
plays slower-than-molasses on my PIII/450 (much, much slower than
Macromedia's player).

What I'd like is a Flash plugin that actually let me configure it (always
low quality for animations so it doesn't suck as much CPU, disable sound,
etc.)

The gplflash plugin/player at least hints that it'll compile without
sound, but I couldn't get it to compule at all. :/

*  Charles Taylor <tomalek at mindspring.com>
*  Chemistry teacher, Linux enthusiast!