The Fedora Core release notes suck!

Edward C. Bailey ed at redhat.com
Tue Nov 25 19:54:03 UTC 2003

>>>>> "David" == David M Taylor <marsel at phatcom.net> writes:

David> Hi, The Release notes may not be the best place for my suggestion,
David> because the problem I'm addressing comes after the release has been
David> in use for a while.

David> Maybe have a URL pointing to a fedora.redhat.com site that has more
David> up-to-date information.  On the updated release notes page, which
David> could even double as a FAQ section, put the most frequently asked
David> questions on the mailling list under the appropiate section as you
David> previously suggested (install or package specific).  This will
David> reduce traffic on the mailling list, provide an avenue for more
David> efficient communication, not to mention less work for those who
David> actively answer questions on the ML.  The con is more work for
David> redhat people, like sorting the ML by topic and choosing what to put
David> on the website!

This is an interesting idea.  As you note, it could be labor-intensive from
the Red Hat side, but if the right technology (you mention a wiki) could be
found, the responsibility for maintaining the FAQ could be distributed
among the people already fielding questions on the lists.

                                    Ed
--
Ed Bailey        Red Hat, Inc.          http://www.redhat.com/