laptop acpi

Dan Goodes fedora-list at planetmirror.com
Wed Nov 26 00:55:27 UTC 2003

ACPI is not fully supported on all systems. E.g. I get the Battery applet
working fine on my HP/Compaq Presario 2133, and I can cat
/proc/acpi/thermal_zone/THRM/temprature to get the current system/cpu
temp, but things like suspect/hibernate don't work yet.

you could try the swsusp (software suspend) package, tho I've never tried
it so I can't vouch for its usefullness.

-Dan

--
Regards,

Dan Goodes  :  Systems Programmer  :  dang at planetmirror.com

Help support PlanetMirror - Australia's largest Internet archive
by signing up for PlanetMirror Premium : http://planetmirror.com