[Fwd: Mozilla and Multimedia]

antonio montagnani anto.montagnani at virgilio.it
Wed Nov 26 06:47:57 UTC 2003

Elton Woo ha scritto:
> On November 25, 2003 08:54 am, antonio montagnani, antonio montagnani
> <anto.montagnani at virgilio.it> wrote:
>

>>>doesn't operate, I tried to connect live radio www.nostalgie.fr and
>>>www.swissjazz.ch and I got frustrated, if I start Gxine some stations
>>>include in the list play, other don't....
>>
>>When I connect to www.nostalgie.fr I get a line in the Gxine window like
>>this (the gxine plugin starts)
>>
>>0
>>ASF, o kHz 16 kBit/s MS Windows Media Audio 2 ((ffmpeg)
>
> I'm using Moxilla 1.4.1, and I have both RealOnePlayer and gxine /xine
> installed.
>
> Swissjazz gives me sound with the realaudio player, but I get the same
> result with nostalgie. It appears that they are using wmf (Windows
> Media Format) ... which, AFAIK, has no equivalent open source codecs
> available for linux. I'd simply drop that station, if I were you.
>
> I *highly recommend* this site for finding audio and video content
> http://www.virtualtuner.com/
> The mantainer of this site is very quick to respond to reports of
> outdated, missing, or incorrect links.
>
> auguri,
>
> Elton ;-)

Tnx for information.

I will check why Mplayer is working on another machine (upgrade from RH8
not fres install, maybe I do not remember that other codecs have been
installed).
I guess that if I install additional codecs from Mplayer website,
everything shoul work (no need to drop any station...)

Antonio ;-)

--

  Antonio

  Written with  Mozilla 1.4.1 on Redhat Linux Fedora Core 1
  You can grab Mozilla at www.mozilla.org
  Scritto con Mozilla 1.4.1 su Redhat Linux Fedora Core 1
  Puoi scaricare Mozilla presso www.mozilla.org