please recommend sendmail references/books

Steven W. Orr steveo at syslang.net
Wed Nov 26 14:38:50 UTC 2003

On Wednesday, Nov 26th 2003 at 00:45 -0800, quoth Don:

=>I'm trying to set up sendmail so I can receive e-mail directly, in
=>addition to using my isp supplied e-mail.
=>
=>My biggest concern is that I don't want people on the internet to be
=>able to use my smtp server as a means to send mail to people with the
=>result making it look like it me... I think that's called "relaying"...
=>
=>Anyway... can anybody recommend any good books on setting up sendmail?

The bat book from O'Reilly is a good reference but it's not the easiest
thing to learn from.

An absolutelty excellent book to learn sendmail is called "Linux Sendmail
Administration" by Craig Hunt. That book made learning sendmail fun.

[and I'm fun at parties too. :-)]

steveo at syslang.net