vmware on FC1, on inspiron 8100

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at mindspring.com
Wed Nov 26 17:51:01 UTC 2003

  on fairly short notice, i'd like to get the latest version of vmware workstation
(release 6030, downloading as we speak) running on my inspiron 8100, under
FC 1.  i'm flexible as to whether i run, as a guest OS, win2k or win xp, the main
goal is to be running (ugh!) MS word -- sadly, openoffice won't quite do the job
here, but the main thing is to get the OS up and running.

  i'm about to hit the list archives, but if anyone has advice/pointers/URLs for a
reliable recipe under these circumstances, by all means, you can email me off-
line.  any gotchas i need to worry about, that sort of thing.  thanks for any advice.
i wish this could have been a more leisurely process, but life's like that, sometimes.

rday