accessing my windows hard drive

Santavy Peter peter at santavy.sk
Thu Nov 27 00:03:45 UTC 2003

> Yes, you probably talk about http://linux-ntfs.sourceforge.net/
> I never use it, feel free to write a tip if someone use it.
> In the FAQ, they say to not write in NTFS partitions.
> http://linux-ntfs.sourceforge.net/info/ntfs.html#3.2

For full read/write access:

http://www.jankratochvil.net/project/captive/

"The first full read/write free access to NTFS disk drives was achieved
in the Wine way by using the original Microsoft Windows ntfs.sys driver.
It emulates the required subsystems of the Microsoft Windows kernel by
reusing one of the original ntoskrnl.exe, ReactOS parts, or this
project's own reimplementations, on a case by case basis."

But I did not test the project...

Peter Santavy

--
 Peter Santavy
 peter at santavy.sk
 http://santavy.sk

Pouzivam legalny software -> pouzivam slobodny software
OpenSource - zadarmo a legalne