Windows terminal server

Lisa Durham lisa at natec.net
Thu Nov 27 05:42:03 UTC 2003

RedHat wrote:

> David Chait wrote:
>
>>>my XP box all I do is set up a VPN connection (I guess the client
>>>is built into WindowsXP?) under network connections.
>>>
>>>As you can see I know almost nothing about this topic.
>>>

>>Find out if the VPN is based off of PPTP or L2TP (the two protocols
>>supported by Windows built in VPN), that answer will dictate which client
>>you choose on the linux end.
>>

>>--
>>

> For the PPTP protocol.
> http://pptpclient.sourceforge.net/

Thanks guys, with the link above to the pptpclient, I was able to follow
the step by step instructions and connect to the VPN and then use
rdesktop to connect directly to my desktop machine at work. The only
glitch I ran into was the need to use the IP address instead of the
machine name like I use when using the XP remote desktop client.

Now I have no reason to run the Windhosed OS on any of my machines at
home! THANK YOU!!!

Lisa Durham